The library has a number of materials to borrow, including books, movies, cds, video games, magazines, and more! Below is our Circulation Policy:
- Most library materials circulate for 2 weeks and may be renewed once by calling the library.
- DVDs and video games are limited to 5 per patron and can be checked out for 1 week (TV seasons have a loan period of 2 weeks).
- Newer materials that are in demand may not be renewed.
- Current issues of magazines and newspapers can be read in the library and may not be checked out.
- Museum passes can be checked out for 3 days.
- Late items may be subject to late fees (5¢ a day). Damaged or missing items may be subject to replacement fees (the cost of the lost or damaged item). A library patron with too many late or damaged/missing items may not be allowed to check out additional library materials until their account is cleared.
Reserving Library Materials
Is there a book, movie or other item that you really want but isn’t available yet or is checked out to another patron? You can reserve library materials by calling the library at 413-245-3518, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or asking at the Circulation Desk during your next visit.
Signing Up For a Library Card
Signing up for your own library card is easy! Just stop into the library to fill out a card and bring a photo ID with proof of your current address. We keep library cards here, so you don’t have to worry about remembering to bring in your library card during your next visit.
People under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign the card for them and be responsible for any late or missing items.
We have a lot of great things in the Brimfield Public Library, but unfortunately we can’t have everything here! Since we are an affiliate member of C/W MARS, we are able to borrow materials from other libraries and have them delivered right here in Brimfield for you to pick up! If there is a book, movie or other item that you want but we don’t have, please ask us to order it for you through interlibrary loan by asking at the Circulation Desk, calling us at 413-245-3518, or e-mailing us at email@example.com.
You can browse the C/W MARS catalog yourself, but all interlibrary loans must first be placed through us, even if you have your own separate C/W MARS account.
We have a limited number of museum passes available for registered patrons of the Brimfield Public Library to check out which offer free or discounted admission. More information may be found on our Museum Passes page.
We have two computers available for library visitors to use. Below is our Computer Use Policy:
- The Brimfield Public Library does not monitor and has no control over the information accessed through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content.
- Staff will be available to assist with online searches and to insure that equipment is being used properly.
- Any registered borrower shall have access to electronic resources. Children age 13 and under must be supervised by a parent/guardian, and also must have the permission of the librarians.
- As with other library materials, restriction of a child’s access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Use of electronic resources shall be offered free of charge.
- The Brimfield Public Library cannot load or test user software – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If a program is not functioning, do NOT attempt to correct the program yourself. Please contact one of the librarians for assistance.
- There are certain time limits for the use of the computer. Please be courteous – if another individual is waiting, time is restricted to 15 minutes. Please make note that the computers will be shut off 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Misuse of the computer will result in a loss of computer privileges.
A printer is available for use. There is a 20¢ charge per black & white page and 35¢ charge per color page for print-outs. Even mistakes will be charged.
The library has a photocopier for library visitors. There is a 10¢ charge per page for photocopies. Even mistakes will be charged.
We have a fax machine available for our visitors to use. There is a 10¢ charge per page for faxes.
The Brimfield Public Library has space available for meetings, clubs, tutoring, etc in the Sherman Room. Space and time is limited and must be reserved – please ask at the library, call us at 413-245-3518, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.